What is SUM Nature Coast?
SUM Nature Coast is a cohort of SUM Bible College and Theological Seminary located in Brooksville, Florida at Grace World Outreach Church. We are called to raise up ministry leaders through the Jesus Model of Leadership. We equip men and women of God to transform their communities, cities, and the nations of the world by combining academic instruction with practical hands-on ministry and personal mentorship. We are empowering leaders to be instruments of change, bringing revival to the church.
Our Core Values
Graduates of the SUM Bible College & Theological Seminary should be able to perform at a collegiate level in the following areas:
- Articulate, according to the biblical standards for faith and conduct, their development as Christian individuals. This emphasis shall comprise spiritual, cultural, academic, physical and emotional maturity.
- Communicate, both orally and in written form, the composite message of the Christian faith.
- Individually demonstrate their Christianity in the entirety of their physical, mental, academic and spiritual well-being by putting forth high moral and ethical standards. These standards shall be confirmed within the individual’s life by making reference to records which exhibit comparative evidence of progress.
- Display scholarly habits that include but are not limited to the following: perform skilled educational research, study independently and with others, work with other team members on projects, and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Come to an understanding of who they are as individuals, what God’s and their short and long term plans are for their life, and who they are in their relationship with God.
- Be prepared maturely in their individual, people, ministry, and theological skills for the establishment of an urban ministry.
A student who graduates from SUM’s educational program degree in Biblical Studies should be able to:
- Effectively pray, evangelize, and communicate the life-changing message of Jesus Christ in a way that is relevant to an urban culture.
- Use various methods of biblical interpretation to derive accurate meaning of the biblical text.
- Develop quality sermon materials and effectively preach and teach the Gospel.
- Qualify for ministerial credentials from a recognized church body and faith community.
- Possess a working knowledge, approach, and strategy for successful church planting.
SUM is here to provide the affordable-quality education to prepare you for the future. Call and begin your journey.
SUM Bible College and Theological Seminary is regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and is nationally accredited by the Association of Biblical Higher Education (ABHE).
LEAD PASTOR DANIEL K. NORRIS
After a radical encounter with the Lord in 1996 that launched Pastors Daniel & Jenna Norris into ministry, they have served as Youth Pastors, Associate Pastors, Church Planters and Instructors at a Bible College. Following the steps of his mentor, Evangelist Steve Hill, Daniel began traveling full time as an evangelist with the Assemblies Of God in 2012. He and his family came to Grace World in 2018 after completing “The Trail Of Fire,” a year-long trek across the US that covered 50,000 miles, visiting 47 states and working with 80 ministries. Daniel is the author of two books, Receptivity and Trail of Fire. He and Jenna have been happily married for fifteen years and have been blessed with three amazing children: Reijah, Caden, and Chase.
Cohort Advisor and Campus Pastor
DEBRA G. MILTON
After a divine encounter with the Lord in 1985, Debbie began an intense journey into the study of God’s Word, soon discovering her gift as teacher. This gift soon found its place as her passion grew to make disciples both in the local church as well as in nations around the world. In 2003 Debbie received a very direct call to fill-time ministry while on a short-term mission trip in Haiti. As an Ordained Minister with the Assemblies of God, God’s call has taken her across the waters (70+ short-term trips) to various countries where she has ministered the Word of God to children, youth, women, missionaries, and pastors. As she works towards her M.Div. with SUM, she serves as Equip and Training Pastor at Grace World Outreach Church where she is a loving teacher and role model equipping, empowering, and exhorting others to BE all God created them to BE and to DO all God created them to Do.